M, #1965, b. 1724, d. 1794
Frederick Pfershing was born in 1724 in Alsace-Lorrain, France.1,2 He was born in 1724 in Sadrwerden, Alsace-Lorraine, France.3,4 He was born in 1724 in Germany.5 He and Maria Elizabeth Weygandt were married on 29 April 1750 in York Borough, York County, Pennsylvania.3,6,1,4,5,7 Some records show that Frederick Pfershing died in 1778 at age ~54 in Unity Township, Westmoreland County, Pennsylvania. However, since he is selling some of his property to his sons Christian and Conrad Pershing in 1792, this is unlikely.8,9 He died in 1794 at age ~70 in Westmoreland County, Pennsylvania.7 He was buried in 1778 at Smith graveyard in Unity Township, Westmoreland County, Pennsylvania.8,10,5,7 He was buried after 21 September 1792 in Coventry, Westmoreland County, Pennsylvania. He is alive and signing two deeds to his sons as of 15 Sep 1792.11 Frederick Pfershing was also known as Frederick Pershing. He was also known as Frederich Pfoerching. He was also known as Frederick Pershing.9 Frederick Pfershing was a weaver of coverlets. He had person sources.1 He was moved to Came on the ship JACOB as a Redemptioneer on 2 May 1749 in Baltimore, Baltimore County, Maryland. ship "Jacob" commanded by Captain Adolph De Grove1,3,12 He lived in Frederick County, Maryland, between 1751 and 1773.1 He was naturalized in 1765 in Hamilton Banns, York County, Pennsylvania.3 He was moved to in 1768 in Westmoreland County, Pennsylvania. In the fall of 1768 Frederick Pershing made a journey to Westmoreland from Frederick Maryland which was near his home in York County, over the Forbes Military Road, across the mountains to Fort Ligonier and then probably over the game trails to the place of his future home where he blazed and located his "Tomahawk Possession" south of Youngstown.6,13,14 As of 1 March 1769, Frederick Pfershing was also known as Frederick Pairshen.15 He was surveyed on 1 March 1769 in Mount Pleasant Township, Westmoreland County, Pennsylvania. 300 acres on the waters of Nine Mile Run; he Warranteed it on23 Sept 1789.15,4 He was moved to in 1773 in Unity Township, Westmoreland County, Pennsylvania.1,4,7,16 He witnessed the baptism of Maria Elizabeth Pershing on 15 November 1783 in Greensburg, Westmoreland County, Pennsylvania.17 He witnessed the baptism of Maria Elisabetha Ermel on 9 January 1785 in Westmoreland County, Pennsylvania.18 He was surveyed 300 acres on 22 February 1785 in Nine Mile Run, Westmoreland County, Pennsylvania.7 He land in in Westmoreland County, Pennsylvania, warranted on 300 acres on Nine-mile Run on 22 February 1785 .7 As of 1786, Frederick Pfershing was also known as Christian Pershon, Sr.19 He was surveyed on 13 February 1786 in Bedford County, Pennsylvania.20 He was a grantee of on 21 September 1789 of in Unity Township, Westmoreland County, Pennsylvania.8 He appeared in the census in 1790 in Unity Township, Westmoreland County, Pennsylvania.21 He was taxed Frederick Pershon, Sr. 2 s. 6 d. in 1792 in Unity Township, Westmoreland County, Pennsylvania.7 He witnessed the land transaction of Conrad Pershing on 23 March 1792 of in Unity Township, Westmoreland County, Pennsylvania.22 Frederick Pfershing was a grantorto Maria Elizabeth Weygandt on 23 March 1792 of in Unity Township, Westmoreland County, Pennsylvania.22 He sold to on on 21 September 1792 of in Unity Township, Westmoreland County, Pennsylvania.22 He had his estate probated on 18 November 1794 in Westmoreland County, Pennsylvania.23,7
- [S6203] FayetteCoPA Biography recorded as Extract #8523 Jordan, John W. (John Woolf) & James Hadden, Genealogical and personal history of Fayette and Greene counties, Pennsylvania (New York: Lewis Historical Pub. Co., 1912)or, FHL#896731. Hereinafter cited as Fayette & Greene History.
- [S10993] Pership, Frederck Family Tree recorded as Extract #11704 Rev. J. H. Pershing, D.D., Family Tree and Biography Of Three Links in the Chain of History of Frederick Pershing In America: or, FHL#30144023. Hereinafter cited as Frederick Pershing in America.
- [S9977] Glenn, Ruth Ancestors of Margaret recorded as Extract #11235
Ancestors of Margaret Ruth Glenn, online http://freepages.genealogy.rootsweb.ancestry.com/~mrglenn/. Hereinafter cited as Ruth Glenn.
- [S6319] US Genealogy RootsWeb recorded as Extract #8664
"Rootsweb", listserve message to Rootsweb Archives, 2 Aug 1999. Printout dated 3 Jan 2000. Hereinafter cited as Rootsweb Archives.
- [S6686] Genealogy - Ancestry recorded as Extract #9118
"Ancestry.com", listserve message to http://search.ancestry.com. Printout dated 17 Jan 2001. Hereinafter cited as Ancestry.
- [S10522] Pershing Folder from Tuscarawas county, OH recorded as Extract #11489 Pershing Folder from Tuscarawas county, Ohio Historical Society, Scanned, 02/27/2010.
- [S13511] Pershing Family in America - Genealogical recorded as Extract #13173 Pershing, Edgar Jamison, The Pershing family in America : a collection of historical and genealogical data, family portraits, traditions, legends and military records, 929.273 P43, (: 1924). Hereinafter cited as The Pershing Family in America - Genealogical.
- [S6209] Fisher, Johan Michael recorded as Extract #8529 Fisher, Robert George, The Fisher family : descendants of Johan Michael Fischer, 1701-1785 (Port St. Lucie, Fla.: R.G. Fisher, 1997). Hereinafter cited as Johan Michael Fischer family.
- [S3] US Genealogy Index to DAR Lineage Books recorded as Extract #3, Index to DAR Lineage Books Volumes 1-160. Hereinafter cited as Index to DAR Lineage Books.
- [S9978] US Graves DAR recorded as Extract #11236
DAR Graves, online http://www.easternusresearch.com/easternusresearch/cemet/dargraves.html. Hereinafter cited as DAR Graves.
- [S6687] Barnhart recorded as Extract #9119
"Barnhart on Rootsweb List", listserve message to email address. Printout dated 19 Jan 2001. Hereinafter cited as Barnhart.
- [S581] PA Immigration by Rupp recorded as Extract #0804 Rupp, 30,000 Names of Immigrants in Pennsylvania 1727-1776. Hereinafter cited as 30,000 Immigrants.
- [S13576] PA Magazine of History and Biography recorded as Extract #13238 WAYLAND FULLER DUNAWAY, "The French Racial Strain in Colonial Penna.", Pennsylvania Magazine of History and Biography https://journals.psu.edu/pmhb/article/viewFile/28171/27927. Hereinafter cited as "PA Magazine of History and Biography".
- [S544] PA Western Pennsylnia Historical Magazine recorded as Extract #13244 "", Western Pennsylnia Historical Magazine 56 (1973).
- [S6803] PA - Land and property recorded as Extract #9251 Pennsylvania Original warrants. Hereinafter cited as Pennsylvania Original warrants.
- [S13575] CambriaCoPA HISTORY OF CAMBRIA COUNTY PA recorded as Extract #13237 HISTORY OF CAMBRIA COUNTY PA, online http://files.usgwarchives.net/pa/cambria/history/local/storey-vol-1-ch-08.txt formerly published: Henry Wilson, (The Lewis Publishing Co.)
- [S7064] GreensburgWESTPA Bap Rec of First Ref Church recorded as Extract #9508 Baptismal Records of First Reformed Church of Greensburg Pennsylvania [1779-1815], Typescript, We 4R.
- [S13540] WestmorelandcoPA German Church Records of Westmoreland County, Pennsylvania recorded as Extract #13203
Ruff, Paul Miller, compiler, German Church Records of Westmoreland County, Pennsylvania (Aliquippa, Pennsylvania: P.M. Ruff, c1979-1989)974.881 K2r v.1-4. Hereinafter cited as German Church Records of Westmoreland County, Pennsylvania.
- [S5022] WestmorelandCoPA Taxes 1786-1810 recorded as Extract #6881, Tax lists Westmoreland co PA 1786-1810: 1968. Hereinafter cited as Westmoreland county taxes.
- [S11804] PA Archives Sixth recorded as Extract #12172
Samuel Hazard, "A General Return or daught of Colonel, Conrad Karr's 3D. Battalion Lancaster County Militia," Pennsylvania Archives Third Series, (Philadelphia, PA: Department of Public Instruction, 1907, Digitized Sep 4, 2007), 3rd Series. Hereinafter cited as "PA Archives 6th Series".
- [S149] PA 1790 Census & Index recorded as Extract #190
1790 PA Census and Index.
- [S262] WestmorelandCoPA Deeds recorded as Extract #324 Westmoreland county, PennsylvaniaDeeds 1773-1897, FHL#0929096-0929110. Hereinafter cited as WestmorelandCoPA Deeds.
- [S556] WestmorelandCoPA Probate Adm recorded as Extract #770 Mary Ellison Wood, Abstracts of Adm of Westmoreland co, PA in Will Bk 1. Hereinafter cited as Abstracts of Westmoreland Administrations.